Thursday, October 15, 2015

Use Your Gifts!

My mom gave me a wonderful present years ago. It is a book by Sarah Ban Breathnach Called Simple Abundance - A Daybook of Comfort & Joy. This book is comprised of short, inspirational essays for each day of the year. The themes of gratitude, simplicity, order, harmony, beauty and joy are explored over the course of the year. I read these essays each day and am no longer surprised that each message seems just right for me at the time I read it. Sometimes I miss a few days and catch up. Other times a certain message resonates with me and I come back to reread it. I find this book to be like magic - I end up reading something that feels like an unarticulated thought in the back of my mind that is expressed beautifully by Sarah Ban Breathnach. It feels like she's reading my mind. That's probably because many other women have had these same thoughts.

It's almost 3 weeks since I co-hosted the Dream Your Dreams Women's Retreat in Canmore with my partner, Maureen. It was an amazing weekend for me and I think it was for all the incredible women participating in the retreat. One of the main things I was hoping that every woman would take away at the end of the retreat was that we all have gifts and talents. It is our life's purpose to use them. That's why we feel wonderful when we are using our gifts and stifled when we don't. I love to see people using their gifts and living their best lives! That was my motivation for creating the retreat weekend.

So I was not surprised, but thrilled when I read the passage below in my Simple Abundance book today. I got on the computer as soon as I read it because I needed to share it. Maybe this message will speak to you too. 

"Today realize that Spirit has no hands, head or heart like yours. No other woman on earth can do what you alone are called to do, can give to the world what you alone were sent to give through your authentic gifts. The call may be so faint you can barely make out the message but if you listen, you will hear it." Sarah Ban Breathnach

I hope you listen to that call and use your gifts and talents to improve the world in some way!

No comments:

Post a Comment