Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Bringing good habits home from their holiday.



http://www.trans4mind.com/quotes/habits.jpg

I find that whenever I go on holidays and get out of my routine, I forget about some of my good habits and develop some bad ones. I stay up late and sleep in. I eat foods I might not normally eat. I try to exercise, but it is at different times and I'm not as consistent.

Personally, I think it is okay to have a break when I am on holidays and go with the flow of the holiday experience. But when I come home after a vacation, it takes a little time for me to get back on track. I know my good habits help ground me and make it possible for me to achieve my goals. So I am reinstating my good habits each day until I am operating at full speed again. After a break of routine, it is a good time to re-evaluate what habits and routines are working and if there are any that need revision.

I encourage you to think of one of your healthiest or best habits that may have got lost during summer vacation and find a way to re-instate it. Or think about a new habit that you would like to create for yourself. Choose something that makes you feel excited and energized and track your results to see if it makes a difference for you.



http://www.coolnsmart.com/images/01/48713_original.jpg





1 comment: