Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Overcoming Struggles One Step at a Time




The past few weeks have been busy for me and I have skipped many of the routines I have for taking care of myself mentally. Some of the things I like to do to feel grounded include journaling, practicing yoga, meditating, reading or viewing inspirational material, doing creative activities like writing or painting and walking in nature. It doesn't seem like such small practices can make a big difference but when I am not doing any of them, it has a big impact on my spirit. Life doesn't feel as joyful. I know that this busy time will pass and I can recreate my routines. But I realize how important they are to my well-being.

If you encounter a time where you are struggling, do something to take care of yourself. Make it a daily practice. Notice how you feel after you do it for a month. Small things can make a big difference.

Taking this idea from the micro level to the macro level, I think of how the world is struggling in light of the recent attacks in Paris. Events like this make us feel powerless to control such horror. But if everyone took some action to make the world a better place for others (even for one other person), that could make a big difference. Small things add up to have a big impact. When you see a need arise that you can fullfill  or a way to make someone's day better - Do It! Make your life count by being the best person you can be for yourself and the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment