Monday, November 16, 2015

A Good Night's Sleep!


For the past few days I have been busy packing up my household for it to be repainted and the floors redone, plus temporarily relocating my family while this work is being done. I should have been grateful for having an opportunity to improve my home, but as fatigue set in from all the prepping and planning, I found it difficult to feel any positive emotions. I reminded myself that "this too shall pass," but that hardly helped.

Just when I was feeling so tired and frustrated with everything, I had an epiphany - I would feel better after a good night sleep. I got myself to bed as soon as it was possible (11pm seemed like an early night after the previous days). When I woke up the next morning, all the things that I had to do didn't seem so overwhelming. 

Sometimes when you have a lot on your plate and you feel like you have so much to do that you couldn't possibly go to bed early, that might be the very best thing you can do for yourself.

Getting a good night sleep worked so well for me last night,  I'm going to try it again tonight! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment