Wednesday, June 1, 2016

YOU are wonderful just as you are!



I like this quote because we are bombarded with so much information these days. We are constantly being given the message that we should be "more productive, thinner, better looking, richer, funnier, sexier, healthier." We might want to be some of those things and we can aspire to make those changes...if we want.

I love challenging myself to be the best person I can be. That often leads to setting new goals or challenges for myself. But I start at a place where I appreciate myself for who I am right now. We are like tiny seedlings. We will only grow if we are nurtured and given the right nutrients.

Feed yourself with positive affirmations. Love yourself for who you are right now and for who you can become. You have your own unique aspects of who you are. Celebrate them. Use them to benefit yourself and others. Become your own best cheerleader and laugh at yourself if you make a mistake. When you love yourself as you are, you have the confidence to do great things with your life - not to please others or because you should, but because you want to and you know you can. Believing in yourself starts with appreciating yourself (imperfections and all). None of us are perfect. We're not meant to be perfect. We are meant to be the best expressions of ourselves.

Enjoy being your You-est You! Write down 5 things you like about yourself. Then do something nice for yourself today. Try treating yourself like you would treat your best friend.
When you like yourself, life is joyful.

No comments:

Post a Comment